Wednesday, January 31, 2007

CCIE LAB TIP

Although I am not yet a CCIE and I am practicing to be one (hopefully soon), I still allow my self to give some pointers and they are cumming from my practice with my IEWB and life experience. 1) Read Carefully the task. 2) look for pointers for example: a) when they ask you to build a vtp domain plan and on the diagram or on the layout you see a vlan from the extended range, make a note you are dealing with Transparent Bridge b)if they are asking you to build a hub and spoke FR topology on a physical interface and put them in Eigrp usually what will happen is you will need to disable the Split Horizon. c) BGP one of the major parts of your lab if you get a layout with private AS numbers and they indicate that other AS should see the private a real AS then you know you need Confederation. 3) do not panic work it trough the lab build it one at a time and do not skip from one subject to another as I would guess you will get lost very quickly. 4) something you don't know ask either in real life or in lab you need to be able to know to say "I DON'T KNOW" and as a CCIE I am sure it is hard as "every one expect you to know" well YES and NO, Yes they expect as you passed so hard test you must know everything NO you and I know that we do not know everything although we want to, we need to be able to ask in time what we don't know and to know how to research. 5) In the lab you will have the Live CD of Cisco and this is a wonderful tool for you if you know how to use it. usually most of the things you will find under the IOS section 12.2 / 12.3 (less) / 12.4 (Excellent) I would go to Configuration Examples and find some sample of what I need to configure obviously this would not help if you are clueless so you need to know what you are looking for. 6) I my self have a weakness with the filtering usually I am resolving the problem but after I have set so many rules and route maps and access lists so I need to work on some more simple solutions as this is time consuming and time is what you don't have on the lab. I Hope this was some helpful tips

No comments: